Sat, Jul 15|
Online | Discounts Available
Academic Research & Publishing 101 Summer Training Programme July 2023
The Academic Research and Publishing 101 is a 30 hour live remote training, where researchers learn the skills needed to independently navigate the entire research lifecycle - from topic ideation to scientific publishing according to international guidelines.
Time & Location
Jul 15, 5:30 PM – Jul 31, 5:30 PM
Online | Discounts Available
About the event
Nolmë Labs' Academic Research & Publishing 101 Intensive Training Programme covers the entire research lifecycle, prioritising conceptual, theoretical, and practical skill development. Learn how to formulate and test hypotheses, conduct a literature review, analyse data, write a research manuscript and proposal, and ethical and academic policies governing each step of the research cycle.
Duration of the course:
30 hour training
Who is this course for? This course is recommended for undergraduate and postgraduate students, Ph.D scholars, M.Phil students, academicians working in universities and colleges, independent researchers working in the social sciences and humanities disciplines, policy makers, health researchers, clinical and counselling practitioners deploying interventions, undergraduate and postgraduate students in the social sciences, and anyone wanting to develop critical thinking skills applied to engage problems in the real world.
Participant will learn to
- engage in critical thinking, problem ideation, generating a hypothesis
- scope and organise academic literature using Mendeley reference management software and conducting a literature review
- devise a research design suited to the research problem
- analyse data using IBM SPSS statistical computation software
- write a research proposal and journal manuscript according to APA 7th Edition and various other citation styles and formats
- publish their manuscripts in international journals, identify predatory and low-tier journals
- understand Indian and International academic research and ethics policies
- understand ethical protocol required of the research process
- Step by step modules covering theory and praxis
- Multimodal pedagogy using video games, demos, worksheets, documentary, case studies etc.
- Skill based assignments & Objective tests per topic
- Software demonstrations
- e-Certificate of training & performance
- Opportunity to join the Nolmë Labs team as a research assistant
Module I: Foundation of academic research: Concepts & principles
Module II: Conducting a Literature Review [demonstration of Mendeley Reference Management software]
Module III: Research Designs & Hypothesis Testing
Module IV: Statistical Reasoning & Data Analysis [using IBM SPSS v.23]
Module V: Academic Writing & the Scientific Publishing Process
Module VI: Ethics in research & Academic Research Policies [video game, case discussions]
References, materials and dummy data will be provided.
Participants are expected to engage in hands-on practice and generate a research proposal during the course of the training.
Schedule: Lectures on Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday and Thursday: 5.30pm - 8.30 pm
- Nolmë Labs exclusively recruits RAs from the cohorts who have undergone our Academic Research & Publishing 101 training.
- Participants will be awarded an e-certificate of training and performance on 80% attendance and completion of assessments and activities.
- Group Discounts (3+) available till June 30th 2023
- Confirm your candidature with us +91-85910-52509
- Applications close July 10th 2023
- For queries, email us at email@example.com